With topics ranging from appendicitis to the eboloa virus to West Nile Virus, the online guide and mobile apps feature evidenced-based information on the treatment of infectious diseases to help clinicians make decisions at the point of care. Available for both iOS and Android devices, ABX Guide is available for $29.95* for a one-year subscription.
ABX Guide organizes information into quick-read entries in the following indices:
- Brand Name Drugs
The easy-to-use Universal Search and browse functionality is the same on both the app and web-based version. Clinicians can bookmark favorite or frequently used entries and return to previous searches through the history feature. One drawback is that the interface is only text-based (no images or multimedia content except for tables and source links to medical literature).
The ABX Guide provides clinicians with a resource to help them:
- Choose the correct drug and dosage, then review the risk of potential adverse reactions or interactions.
- Discover or confirm a diagnosis with details on pathogens and clinical considerations.
- Evidence-based recommendations.
- Review PubMed source/reference links to scientific literature.
- Access hundreds of pharmaceutical drug listings inclusive of drug indications, dosing, pharmacokinetics, side effects, adverse reactions and interactions.
- Review a tabular summary of available drug forms and costs
Who Will Benefit from Using the Guide?
A range of clinicians from residents to patient educators to experienced physicians in primary care, hospital, community, and field settings will benefit from using the ABX Guide.
Developer: Unbound Medicine
*sale price listed as of February 2015.
Karen M. Rider, M.A. is a freelance writer with special interests in wellness, health psychology, healthcare trends, and integrative medicine. Karen provides copywriting and content development for healthcare and wellness practitioners as well as education and public service organizations.Last modified on Saturday, 07 February 2015