Just released in September 2014, Share Practice is an online portal for doctors to collaborate on treatments, publish findings, review therapies, and share new information. The app works as a free social medical reference that connects clinicians and allows them to share and store their clinical experience at the point of care.
It's an invaluable resource for new doctors while giving seasoned physicians the opportunity to leave a legacy of their expertise. SharePractice is available only to verified licensed healthcare professionals and medical students, which guarantees that treatment information is current and reliable.
Developers of SharePractice believe first-rate care is directly related to sharing opinions, and that healthcare professionals want to participate in the advancement of medical knowledge and inventive treatments. Historically, there has been no easy ways for the medical community to exchange and evaluate ideas and share insights based on experience.
While calling, texting, sending email, using forums and going to conferences all can have its merits, the data is largely circumstantial, not often mined into meaningful resources and eventually is lost. With SharePractice app, clinicians of all backgrounds have access to new, interesting, worldly medical information from a trusted source.
Doctors can share their most effective treatments, ask questions about, and discuss the nuances of, treatment. They can also vote and comment on colleagues' treatments. It gives the user a snapshot of what is trending as standard of care for treatments for a given diagnosis.
Benefits & Features
SharePractice is ideal for any healthcare provider who is constantly striving to optimize patient outcomes, wants to learn from others' experiences and approaches, and believes that the standard of care is anything but standard. Some of the benefits for clinicians who use SharePractice include:
- Working more effectively and efficiently
- Establishing and building reputation
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Sharing protocols allows you to contribute to the growing body of medical knowledge, and attracts more patient referrals
- Access to information that is captured in a lasting, relevant way
- Incorporating social influence in a professional activity
SharePractice helps to eliminate the need to answer the same questions again and again. It makes a doctor's knowledge available for his or her team to use quickly and easily at the point of care. Over time, doctors involved with SharePractice get recognition and meaningful feedback from the community as their protocols and clinical wisdom are shared and used worldwide.
After establishing login credentials and being verified, users can search by disorders, treatments and clinicians. Information provided within a given topic, such as acute migraine, includes:
- Description of standard prescribed treatment
- Ratings and Comments on the Rx
- Access to Citations on the topic
- Dx Definition
- Option to bookmark and share the Rx
Users can view and read doctor-rated treatments for the most common conditions, search for colleagues' preferred treatments, and identify best practices.
New Features in Development
The development team is working on the following new features to be added in the near future:
- Drug Details: thousands of treatments in SharePractice will be populated with details on Dosing, Contraindications, Adverse Reactions, and Pharmacology.
- Expanded citations: It will be populating even more treatments with evidence from journals in PubMed.
- Treatment options listed by your personal network of colleagues.
- Filtered Activity Feed allows you to see treatments based on your clinical interests.